Comment on page
Interference, blocking and jamming technologies have been evolving along the years, making traditional VPN, SSH tunneling and other internet access methods gradually recognized. Because of this, great actors, interfere through all different kinds of measures and it’s becoming more and more difficult to access geo-banned websites, forcing development of evasive and masking internet technology. Welcome V2Ray!
Several VPN protocols and proxies have been worked on to further strengthen privacy and security by the Sentinel dVPN team which include V2Ray. V2Ray is a very capable network tool as shown in recent years. It has powerful functions and is widely known for bypassing the firewall effectively.
Sentinel dVPN is making use of the V2Ray camouflage to package the traffic through the firewall with common HTTPS/TLS, which greatly reduces the possibility of V2Ray nodes being blocked or interfered with, while providing a stable Internet experience. V2Ray itself is not a protocol or circumvention system by itself. Rather, as Sentinel dVPN is an ecosystem for dVPN applications, so is V2Ray an open-source framework that allows for one or more proxies to run, with various layered proxy protocols, transports, and obfuscation.
- Multiple inbound/outbound proxies: one V2Ray instance supports in parallel multiple inbound and outbound protocols. Each protocol works independently.
- Customizable routing: incoming traffic can be sent to different outbounds based on routing configuration. It is easy to route traffic by target region or domain.
- Multiple protocols: V2Ray supports multiple protocols, including Socks, HTTP, Shadowsocks, VMess etc. Each protocol may have its own transport, such as TCP, mKCP, WebSocket etc.
- Obfuscation: V2Ray has built in obfuscation to hide traffic in TLS, and can run in parallel with web servers.
- Reverse proxy: General support of reverse proxy. Can be used to build tunnels to localhost.
- Multiple platforms: V2Ray runs natively on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc. There is also third party support on mobile.